200 Railroad Avenue Carnegie, PA 15106
a.m. RODRIGUEZ ASSOCIATES inc. transformed the abandoned Harding Court Junior High School (1926) into Carnegie Retirement Residence (“Carnegie”) in 1995. After standing vacant for 20 years, the building now offers 59 affordable units to those 62 years of age seeking a high quality, well-managed independent living option in Allegheny County. Historic retrofits include converting the original light wells into an open air courtyard and the old gymnasium into a multipurpose community room. Carnegie has truly had a beneficial impact on the Borough of Carnegie, located just south of downtown Pittsburgh, and surrounding communities by transforming a decaying, vacant building into an attractive community asset.
Placed-in-Service: 1981 (renovated 2008)
Total Units: 79 (74-1br; 5-2br)
Apt. Size Range (sf): 544 – 719
Eligibility: 62 and older
Project Developer: a.m. RODRIGUEZ ASSOCIATES inc.
Management: Congregate Management Services, Inc. (CMS)
Builder: Sota Construction Services, Inc.
Architect: Thoughtful Balance
Partners: Pennsylvania Housing Finance Agency (PHFA); PNC Bank; USDA
- 24-hour maintenance
- Community room
- Craft/exercise room
- Hair salon
- Keyless entry system
- Laundry room
- Library/computer room
- On-site management
- On-site social services coordinator
- Scheduled van transportation for weekly shopping trips and scheduled social events
- Landscaped areas
- Off-street parking
- Porch and patio
- Carpeted living/dining room
- Central air
- Complete, tiled bathroom
- Emergency pull cords in each bathroom and bedroom connected to 911 dispatch Fully-equipped kitchen
- Window treatments
- Toilet and shower convenience bars for safety
- Utilities included
If you are interested in living here:
- Download and print out the rental application by clicking on the link below.
- Complete the form.
- Mail the completed form to the address above.