125 Ruth Street PIttsburgh, PA 15211
a.m. RODRIGUEZ ASSOCIATES inc. converted the vacant South Hills High School (1917) into 106 units of mixed-income, senior housing in 2011. South Hills Retirement Residence is a highly sustainable, LEED Gold-certified building, it contains 84 units of affordable rentals and 22 market rate units. Its innovative and highly sustainable reuse of this historic school garnered it multiple national and local awards. This property has both affordable, senior units as well as market rate apartments and includes the Hilltop Community Health Center as the property’s commercial tenant.
Total Units: 106 (82-1br; 24-2br); market rate units available
Apt. Size Range (sf): 782 – 1,193
Eligibility: 62 and older, or handicapped
Project Developer: a.m. RODRIGUEZ ASSOCIATES inc.
Management: Congregate Management Services, Inc. (CMS)
Builder: Sota Construction Services, Inc.
Architect: Thoughtful Balance; Rothschild Doyno Collaborative
Partners: Pennsylvania Housing Finance Agency (PHFA); Allegheny County Department of Economic Development; Citizens Bank; John Hancock Corp.; Commonwealth of Pennsylvania: PEDA Grant & RACP
- 24-hour maintenance
- Community room
- Craft room
- Exercise area
- Garden with raised beds
- Hair salon
- Hilltop Community Health Center (attached to property)
- Keyless entry system
- Laundry room
- Media room
- On-site social services coordinator
- On-site management
- Scheduled van transportation to shopping & social events
- Wide corridors with handrails
- Landscaped areas
- Off-street parking
- Carpeted living/dining room
- Central air
- Complete, tiled bathroom
- Emergency pull cords in each bathroom and bedroom connected to 911 dispatch Fully-equipped kitchen
- Window treatments
- Toilet and shower convenience bars for safety
- Utilities included
If you are interested in living here:
- Download and print out the rental application by clicking on the link below.
- Complete the form.
- Mail the completed form to the address above.