1120 15th Street NW Canton, Ohio 44703
This adaptive reuse of the former John H. Lehman High School (ca. 1920) to accommodate sixty-two (62) affordable senior apartments offering a mix of efficiency, 1- and 2-br units. The project has been closely coordinated with The City of Canton as one of their priority community revitalization projects.
With the support of the City of Canton and the benefit of low-income housing tax credits from the Ohio Housing Finance Agency and state historic tax credits from the Ohio Development Services Agency, all 62 units will be affordable to people whose incomes do not exceed 80% of area median income (AMI). One third of the units have projected rents that will target those whose income is 50% or less of AMI, with 7 units affordable at 30% AMI, 8 of which are for mobility or sensory impaired residents.
a.m. RODRIGUEZ ASSOCIATES inc. will coordinate the development activities with RDL Architects to ensure that the buildings maintain the architectural integrity and amenities admired at existing properties within their portfolio.
Oxford Place will be designed and built by an expert team of professionals with extensive experience in creating attractive, highly sustainable affordable housing that include RDL Architects, an architectural firm based out of Cleveland, Tober Construction Company, a Richfield based general contractor, and Cleveland based Naylor Wellman historic consultants. These firms represent established professionals with significant experience in the award-winning adaptive reuse of historic buildings into housing using Low-Income Housing Tax Credit and the State Historic Tax Credit programs.
Total Units: 62 apartments
Eligibility: Minimum age of 62
Project Developer: a.m. RODRIGUEZ ASSOCIATES inc.
Management: Congregate Management Services, Inc. (CMS)
Builder: Tober Construction Company
Architect: RDL Architects
Partners: Ohio Housing Finance Agency (OHFA); Huntington Bank; Naylor Wellman
- 24-hour maintenance
- Convenient keyless entry system
- Fitness room
- On-site laundry facilities
- Community room
- Hair care
- Elevator servicing all floors
- Smoke free facility
- Pet Friendly *restrictions apply
- One elevator servicing all floors
- A variety of social, health and wellness, and educational services will be offered
- Ample Parking
- Public Transportation
- High ceilings
- Full kitchen (including stove and refrigerator), complete bath, and living/dining room
- Most apartments will have hardwood floors in living and bedrooms and tile in kitchens and baths.
- Roller blinds provided
If you are interested in living here:
- Download and print out the rental application by clicking on the link below.
- Complete the form.
- Mail the completed form to the address above.