Property Management Overview
Since the formation of Congregate Management Services, Inc. (CMS) in 1978, our residential and commercial real estate management company has provided property management and maintenance services for over 1,300 units. Our experience and expertise insures that a property is managed to a high standard and that our residents receive excellent services. CMS currently provides property management in Ohio and Pennsylvania.
In the early years, CMS co-managed housing services with Forest City Dillon, Inc. and in 1984 CMS expanded into commercial real estate management. In 1992, CMS Food Service, Inc. (a sister-company) was formed to meet the growing demands of residential food service. Today, CMS has over 70 full and part time employees who are responsible for the day-to-day management and maintenance of its facilities. Our enthusiasm, knowledge and dedication are the elements that mark the difference between other management companies and CMS. We expect every CMS employee to subscribe to the company’s mission statement “…to provide expert management services and to create the best atmosphere possible for all residents.”
The headquarters of CMS is located in Akron, Ohio with a field office in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
In addition to providing services for residents, our professional management services include:
- Complete accounting and reporting functions, providing fully computerized, detailed individual property records for financial management and site-based budgetary practices.
- Marketing and leasing of units in accordance with pre-established and carefully designed resident selection criteria.
- Regulatory compliance monitoring.
- Section 8 and Tax Credit Program monitoring, including support, oversight, training and independent review.
- Complete property maintenance.